If you do not own a house or apartment and rent them instead, then your landlord’s insurance covers only to repair the building if there is a fire or other disaster. This is why you need your own coverage to financially protect yourself and your personal property so you can be safe.
A David Agency Personal Insurance specialist can assist you in obtaining the Tenant or Renter’s Policy that best suits your needs.
The David Agency Renter’s Insurance important coverage options include:
- Personal Liability Coverage: Protects you if you are sued for causing accidental bodily harm or damage to the property of others.
- Theft Coverage: Provides protection if your personal property is stolen.
- Water Backup Option*: Provides protection for damages caused by water backup through sewers and drains.
- Cash Settlement Option*: If a covered loss occurs to your personal property, you can choose to receive a cash settlement, with no requirement to repair or replace the item.
- Replacement Cost Coverage: Safeguards you against depreciation and pays to completely replace an item in the event of a loss to your personal property.
- Valuable Articles Coverage: Provides protection for your jewelry, art, collectibles, antiques or memorabilia.
*May not be available in some states or from some insurers.